Have a broken blind or shade?
Read about our repair process below and fill out the form at the bottom of the page to receive a free estimate on your repair.
- Initial Assessment – Bring your clean shade into our showroom to speak with one of our associates about your repair. We will gather information from both you and the label located on the headrail of your blind. If there is no label please come prepared with information such as the length of your window/door and the date of purchase* if applicable. *Date of purchase only needed for Hunter Douglas products
- Pay Assessment/Processing Fee – See fees below.
- Diagnosis – Our repair technician will contact you in 1-2 business days with a diagnosis for repair.
- Repairable Products – Our technician will let you know what is wrong with the shade and give you a quote. If you agree to this quote your shade will be repaired and you will receive a call from one of our showroom associates to let you know it is ready for pick-up. *If product must be sent back to Hunter Douglas for repair there is an option to have your shade shipped directly back to you from a Hunter Douglas facility once it has been repaired.
- Irreparable Products – Our technician will let you know why your product cannot be repaired. From here you can either get a quote for a deep discount on an equivalent replacement shade or you can pick up your shade/have us dispose of it
We no longer repair non-hunter douglas shades.
5-10 business days in house | 2-3 weeks to send shades back to Hunter Douglas
$50 – Handling fee for Hunter Douglas warranties. Fee is generally waived for Colorado Blinds & Design customers
$90 – $300 – General range for repairs with an average around $100.
$35 – Restring Kit for Hunter Douglas honeycomb shades. Includes a cord for 2-3 average blinds.
$50 – Processing fee for Hunter Douglas valance/replacement vane/replacement slats. Subject to change for large orders.
HUNTER DOUGLAS WARRANTY
Hunter Douglas’ Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all internal mechanisms and working parts. You must be the original purchaser and the issue cannot be caused by mis-use (torn fabric, pet damage) to be eligible for warranty work.
Cords are covered for 7 years from the order date.
Motors are covered for 5 years from the order date.
Internal mechanisms are covered for a lifetime.