- Add wallpaper, mirrors or paint to the back of bookcases. This is a simple and inexpensive way to add visual interest to your bookcases. Also, adding mirrors will make your space appear bigger.
- Attach casters to the bottom of…anything! Casters add height and mobility to any piece. Once added to a kitchen island, a mobile server is instantly created. Also, casters make cleaning super easy. Simply roll out of the way to clean under hard to reach places!
- Replace faucets, fixtures and hardware to give a custom-built look. So many of the homes built today include the most basic (brass, yuck!) fixtures. You can find these items at reasonable prices at overstock.com and amazon.com. Also, check locally for building surplus stores.
- Replace your standard bathroom mirrors with framed mirrors found at the store. Check antique and home decor stores for unique mirrors at great prices. Again, this gives your home a custom look!
- Dont’t ignore your ceilings! Ceilings can be painted or even wallpapered.
- Periodically check Craigslist for furniture and decor items you need. You can get smokin’ deals on some great pieces. With a little love and elbow grease, you can get a custom piece that YOU designed.
Decorating tips courtesy of Country Living Magazine, https://www.countryliving.com/homes/how-to-get-the-look/budget-decorating-makeover-0109?src=nl&mag=clg&list=nl_ccr_dot_mko_083111_budget-decorating-makeover&kw=ist