• DO mix blues with soft neutrals. The blue will help make these colors pop.
• DON’T be afraid to mix blue and black. What was once thought to be taboo, blue and black are being used together more frequently today.
• DO mix rich shades of blue with sharp contrast colors.
• DON’T paint a wall a deep blue unless it is an accent wall. Four walls of blue will darken a room significantly.
• DO map out your splashes of blue in a space. Hang a blue piece of art, then set out a rug with blue accents, and add a blue pillow.
• DON’T miss opportunities to introduce blues in interesting ways, such as water-inspired art or photography.
Blue artwork adds a touch of glam to an otherwise bland hallway.